<VV> 2nd test run

Paul Abel pbob63 at frontiernet.net
Tue Aug 22 20:30:38 EDT 2006

Hi All,

Took my Monza out today for it's 2nd test run. The first run resulted in
a clogged fuel system. I've removed and cleaned tank, replaced necessary
fuel lines, cleaned filters and replaced fuel pump. Car's running pretty
good now.

Second test run. Drove the car on the highway for a total of about 25
miles. It's still surging and backfiring under hard acceleration. I'm
able to maintain a steady speed, but letting up slightly on the gas, or
trying to maintain speed with the pedal results in a bucking, or
surging. More like bucking. The valves and lifters, I think, are slowly
working in.

Will this clear up, or should I check my timing and points again after
having run it pretty good? Remember, this car sat for 15yrs.

All in all, I think it's running and idling well. I'm just concerned
about the backfiring / bucking.

Thanks to all who've helped me get this thing running again.

Paul Abel
Rochester, NY
65 Monza Sedan 110pg.