Fwd: <VV> LM speedometer cable length-

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Wed Aug 23 09:22:39 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/23/2006 9:14:20 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
cash.case at sbcglobal.net writes:

> Does anyone know the length of the inner speedometer cable?
> I've purchased a NAP auto parts cable, but the cable has to be
> trimmed to length and the end has to be crimped on.
>

> Cash Case

Cash,  It appears you will be using your old casing--in that case I suggest
you wait to trim the speedo end until you've fully seated the rest in your old
casing--then trim to just fit the speedodometer head.  There have been some
different lengths of repro and GM cables sold.  If I remember correctly your car
is a LM.

Be sure the new cable is fully seated in the dustcap fitting and turn the
wheels lock to lock to see how much, if any, the cable moves up and down in the
dash end of the cable--then trim to seat in the speedometer head.  The cable
doesn't have to fully seat all the way to do its job.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
'64 Brier
'65 Corsa