<VV> 2nd test run

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 23 22:32:59 EDT 2006

Check your distributor cap for carbon tracks, and check the condition of your plug wires. You may have some cross-firing under hard acceleration (increases the cylinder pressure and hence firing voltage) which would make it buck and backfire.

  Paul Abel said:

<<Second test run. Drove the car on the highway for a total of about 25
miles. It's still surging and backfiring under hard acceleration. I'm
able to maintain a steady speed, but letting up slightly on the gas, or
trying to maintain speed with the pedal results in a bucking, or
surging. More like bucking. The valves and lifters, I think, are slowly
working in.>>

-- Doug Mackintosh
  Corsa member since 1996
  Corsa/NC member since 1996,  Virtual Vairs member
  Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on