<VV> fan belt.

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Thu Aug 24 23:33:20 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/24/2006 8:19:35 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jondevos at comcast.net writes:

> How many twist do you give the fan belt when put on? 1

 My belt snapped > and I replaced it. 2

 Did I  hurt my engine driving it three miles from a > cold sitting engine
> without the fan belt? 3

 Does the Corvair have a > temperature warning light. 4

> Jon

Welcome to VV Jon, you've come to the right place!

1  ZERO.....it just follows the pulleys...like any belt!

2  You had the other one too TIGHT....leave it LOOSE....do not use a prybar
to tension....just your hand!

3  Very unlikely....does it run fine now?  you're OK  then!

4  YES!!!  In the dash!  When you 1st turn the key on....you should have 2!
TEMP-PRESS  and   FAN  GEN

You can 1st check the bulbs.....but then you should try to get a manual with
wiring diagrams...

Matt Nall
stocker, mod, v8, turbo, boat, Sandcar
ALLVAIR!