<VV> Fan Tensioner

norman.witte at comcast.net norman.witte at comcast.net
Fri Aug 25 05:54:35 EDT 2006

I'm with Ron on this.  The only time I ever threw a belt on a Corvair in 21 years was when my harmonic balancer was in the process of disintegrating.  I don't really understand the big issue on fan belts.  They just need to be installed correctly.

Jon, it's often said that you should be able to turn the altenator fan by pushing on it with your finger.  If you can't the belt is too tight.  As far as hurting the motor by running too hot, I wouldn't worry about it.  If it's not knocking loudly or anything like that now, you probably didn't hurt anything.  (And if you did, there's nothing to be done about it now, anyway!! gggg)  Seriously, it's probably fine.

Norm Witte

From: "Ron" <ronh at owt.com>