<VV> Brake Master Cylinder...

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Fri Aug 25 19:47:04 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/25/2006 2:11:05 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
rusecular at yahoo.com writes:

> The pedal came up - but after 5 seconds it moves all the way down. There
> are no signs of leakage from wheel cylinders and the master cylinder is
> retaining all the brake fluid !

This happens from setting...NO  pressure on the seals [cups]......the problem
you have now is AIR  in the system!   Just bleed them...10 minute, one man
job.

As long as this person KNOWS this vehicle....after bleeding...do a HARD [ 2
feet on the pedal pushing as hard as possible]  and then Harder test....if it
passes...you're good..

On cars I get, I always dismantle everything....CLEAN....flush lines.....and
seldom have to buy parts....no brake failures in 25 yrs...

Matt Nall
stocker, mod, v8, turbo, boat, Sandcar
ALLVAIR!
Timogen was a softy!