<VV> Carb Questions

John H. Green jgreen at alum.mit.edu
Sat Aug 26 16:18:06 EDT 2006

Group,

When checking the spark plugs on our 1965 Monza 110/4 I noticed that the plugs on the left were black while those on the right were light tan. Am I correct in assuming that the left bank was running rich?

We therefore adjusted the carburetors  according to the Chassis Shop Manual and Finch, "How to Keep..."

We noticed that the idle speed adjustment on the right side was much more sensitive than on the left. Is this normal? Does this have anything to do with the plug colors noted above?

By the way, we used a home-made relative vacuum guage that we build from instructions found on a motorcycle web site. It worked well and I would be happy to provide instructions.

John Green
Corsa member