<VV> how hard is it to rebuild a 4-spd?

David Fasgold dfasgold at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 26 17:46:07 EDT 2006

Well, I've been making slow progress on the 63 convertible...BUT, I  drained the differential and transmission and took off the covers to  inspect them. The good news is that the differential looks good. The  bad news is that several gears in the 4-spd are chewed up really bad.  Looks like I can either get it rebuilt or look for a good used one.  Which option makes the most sense? Are any special tools required to  rebuild a 4-spd?
  David