<VV> Jacking

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Sun Aug 27 13:18:22 EDT 2006

>Those places in front of the rear wheels ARE the places that the factory
>recommended for jacking; they are reinforced; it's just that it takes a
>lot of
>jacking to get the rear wheels off the ground, and when you step back, you
>find
>  that the front wheels are in the air also.

I have been using two hydraulic jacks one under each rear strut
rod  (ducking but was told not to use just one on the differential) as
close as I can get to the outer kink and then use a pair of jackstands with
a piece of 2x4 on each at the triangular areas the factory shows as jacking
pads. Whether the front comes up depends on how much is in the trunk and
how full the gas tank is. (half and half will keep my 66 nose on the ground).

If someone has a better idea, I would like to hear it.

Padgett