Fwd: <VV> Plug for FC/Wagon Oil Filler Hole

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Mon Aug 28 14:14:03 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/28/2006 10:42:05 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
iharding at destinydata.com writes:

> I have a crate motor I am putting in a car.  I need to plug the hole.
> Would a freeze plug work OK, or are there some other kinds of plugs I
> should use?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Ian

I have a Chevy crate motor as well.  It has a pipe plug fitting in it.  I've
never taken it out, but it appears to have pipe threads on it.  As the engine
was going into a Greenbrier that didn't need the hole I've never worried about
it.  A freeze plug should work fine.

Anybody else got a '60 block or generic Chevy crate engine that they used in
a car other than a '60?  How did you plug the hole?

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
'64 Brier
'65 Corsa