<VV> Re: Zoning issues from Sema

Tim Verthein minoxphotographer at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 28 18:54:17 EDT 2006

The problems come from people who have no hobbies, or lives, except to
dedicate themselves to making the rest of the world conform to their
ideal, perfect world. Cars are only a small part of the problem.

As a ham radio operator, I always hear of fights to be able to have a
radio antenna, tower, etc. on private property.  People say things
like..if you don't like the rules, don't move there. In many parts of
the country this makes living options near nil. Some communities don't
allow ANY sort of outside antenna. They even tried to block small home
mounted TV dishes..until it was discovered that banning them was
illegal.

The most recent situation that REALLY irks me is going on now in
Jacksonville, FL, where a harassing neighbor is giving trouble to an
airplane hobbyist and builder.  I'm also a member of the EAA
(Experimental Aircraft Association) and am about to start building a
plane this fall.  Stories like THIS one really torque me off...

http://eaa.org/communications/eaanews/060822_jacksonville.html

When you get there have a look at the web page link for more details.

We must stop governments, associations, etc from taking away what few
freedoms we have left!  And please JOIN clubs and organizations that
take up the battle.  The Jacksonville people are going to be really
sorry they got the EAA up in arms, a huge group of very dedicated,
professional flyers/builders with lawyers, organization, and money.
The ARRL tries to do this sort of thing on the ham radio front, and
your CAR CLUBS have POWER, especially on a larger scale.  The
Minnesota Stret Rod Association has been instramental in getting us
exemptions from required gasohol fuels, one license plate rules,
allowing blue dot tail lights, and tons of other laws.  If you have a
state wide club with a legislative committee JOIN them.  I don't even
HAVE a frekkin STREET ROD, but what they DO helps ME, so I join.  Same
thing with your local Corvair Club, CORSA on a national level, and any
others that get involved.  There's power in numbers. Rally the troops,
circle the wagons, get your poop in a group and be prepared!

Tim in Bovey

===
You *can* repair a flip-flop with a capacitor!
===