<VV> Late Model "Gen" Fan not Lighting

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Mon Aug 28 20:44:33 EDT 2006

Just chased down a low voltage condition (bad alternator...only 11.5 V @
battery posts), but what threw me a bit was the idiot light was not showing
discharge. On further examination, neither the "gen" nor the fan lights
illuminate when the key is turned on with engine not running. Besides the  obvious, but
unusual: two burned out indicator lights, where else might I start  looking
and how does one simulate a discharge condition, with an alternator  system,
with the engine running? I have all the requisite tech guides and shop  manuals.
I'm hoping for a somewhat sequential troubleshooting method.

Thanks for any advice given...

Mike Mauro