<VV> Shifty...

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Wed Aug 30 10:58:53 EDT 2006

Cash,  Safely support the car at a workable height, take off the tunnel cover
and lube the underside of the shifter mechanism.  While under there you can
check to see if the shifter shaft is binding inside the shift tube.  Though I
haven't installed any of the bushings I ordered on a winter's night yet, I have
shifted other people's cars with the bushings and they work well.  But before
you go to all that trouble just make sure everything is properly lubed and
not binding.  And while you are under there you can replace the "anti-rattle"
strips that keep the clutch cable from rattling on the tunner cover.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
'64 Brier
'65 Corsa