<VV> Demon vs. HV

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Wed Aug 30 10:47:45 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/30/2006 12:26:34 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
rusecular at yahoo.com writes:

Thank you Bob - incidentally my main concern was the  black smoke coming out
of the exhaust at idle, namely:

rich at idle

A) Increase  initial timing
B) Go in on mixture screws
C) Readjust butterfly  positions
D) Lower float level
E) Decrease fuel pressure

currently the timing on my 140 hp is set at 16 degrees  - I'm gonna try
advancing it a few more degrees :)

Regards,

Tony

Tony,
Black smoke at idle indicates a very rich mixture. The above possible
causes/corrections are very general in nature. I suggest you first  determine which
carb (or both0 is the problem. Then look to see if gas is  dripping or
dribbling from the cluster at an idle.That is the likely  cause.
Regards,
Bob Helt