<VV> Nader bio/documentary: Coming to a theatre near you? Title is "An Unreasonable Man" ?

Charles Lee at Proper Pro Per chaz at ProperProPer.com
Wed Aug 30 13:38:03 EDT 2006

Nadir is no different from any other "Unreasonable Man," whether he be a
lawyer, real estate agent, air conditioner repairman, or car mechanic.

Nader took advantage of general ignorance and made something into something
it was not.

The Corvair was different and people didn't understand it, and Nadir
capitalized
on that ignorance.

In the US, a lawyer is legally allowed to practice any kind of law :
criminal, civil, real estate, tax law, etc, without regard for his
experience. He or she will be held to the same standard as an expert in that
field, and the only one who pays the real price (i.e.: loses a case he or
she should have won) is the client.

[I lost a case when the lawyer completely failed to present the facts
properly, and he "forgot" to ask for "damages," and you can't get what you
don't ask for !  Turns out he was a real estate attorney who, according to
his
wife, "Alan was tired of pushing paper around and always wanted to do a
trial" !
So, he took my case, and we both found out he was no good, at my expense.]

How many car mechanics "test their theories" of why someone's car won't run
at the customer's expense ?  "Let's try this," the mechanic suggests, and
when that doesn't work, "Let's try that," without considering that the
customer just paid for parts and labor on something that was not needed.
The mechanic makes money whether the customer needed what they paid for or
not.

If you know their "business," neither a lawyer nor a car mechanic wants to
deal with you. They much prefer a customer who is completely ignorant and
will accept whatever they say as gospel, and just fork over large amounts of
cash.

So, you should interview the mechanic or lawyer, in a "nice way" to
determine if you
want this person working for you.  However you MUST know the "business" well
enough to understand when he or she is giving you a snow job.

No one questioned Nadir's knowledge, application of that knowledge, or his
tactics, or his reasoning.
The Corvair was later vindicated completely, but was this "retraction" given
nearly the publicity of "unsafe at any speed" ? Retractions are never as
well publcized as the allegations were.

Why would lawyers be any different ?  It's just harder to know when they are
good at their job.  That's how Nadir got where is he.

A lot of what he did was beneficial, in some way, but does the end justify
the means ?

Nadir denigrated a fine car, but it's the ignorant masses who didn't
understand the situation, and preferred to buy cars that hadn't been
denigrated, which is reasonable when someone is spending thousands of dollar
for something they know nothing about !

Chaz
67 Monza coupe