<VV> Repair Shop practice?

TimogensTurbo at aol.com TimogensTurbo at aol.com
Wed Aug 30 13:58:34 EDT 2006

In a message dated 8/30/2006 10:43:06 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
chaz at ProperProPer.com writes:

> How many car mechanics "test their theories" of why someone's car won't run
> at the customer's expense ?  "Let's try this," the mechanic suggests, and
> when that doesn't work, "Let's try that," without considering that the
> customer just paid for parts and labor on something that was not needed.
> The mechanic makes money whether the customer needed what they paid for or
> not.

Come on now...not many are stupid enough to  pay for work that didn't FIX
their problem [ barring anything reflecting maintenance], or are there more than
I think?  A reputable shop will credit labor.......minimum.....

Over the years I've heard alot of "I'll never go back"..but in relation to
the amount charged....

Matt Nall
stocker, mod, v8, turbo, boat, Sandcar
ALLVAIR!