<VV> Sparkplugs

Andy Clark slowboat at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 30 16:56:59 EDT 2006

A white plug insulator indicates that either the plugs are too hot, or the
mixture is too lean. It's hard to tell without more info, like; how white is
"awful white"?; did you pull a plug after a full throttle- or nearly so-
blast down the highway?; or had the engine idled for a while? Stuff like
that.
The installation of headers will tend to lean out the running mixture
(better breathing).
Andy Clark
1966 140/4 Monza Sedan
1966 140/4 Yenko Clone