<VV> RE: No "C" in BBB

mopar at jbcs2.net mopar at jbcs2.net
Thu Aug 31 06:49:50 EDT 2006

original message:
From: "Charles Lee at Proper Pro Per" <chaz at ProperProPer.com>
Subject: Re: <VV> No Corvair, but car related - There is no "C" in
	"BBB"
<SNIP>

We initiated a civil suit against the dealer  because of the speedometer
being changed and not being advised of it by the dealer.

We then went to the BBB and made a complaint and had to make several
complaints before they would do anything about it, and finally the dealer
capitulated and paid for the brakes that we were forced to have fixed by
the
"other" mechanic. (This was one of the reasons that the BBB balked at
processing the complaint.  Remember that the "B" in BBB is for "Business."
There is no "C" for "Customer" in "BBB" !)

We finally got her money back, but what an ordeal !!!!!

A few months later, I called the BBB to ask if there were any complaints
about that dealer, and was told there were none !  I then admitted that I
had filed a major complaint with the BBB about that dealer and that other
potential customers should be made aware of them, and they said that it was
not considered a complaint, since it was resolved !

The fact that we had to involve the civil courts, almost two months of
fighting, and my mother being involved in what could have been a very bad
accident, were not relevant to the BBB.

I too have had dealings with the BBB and a car dealer.........
Under a recall I had an Alternator replaced, the Subie dealer wanted to
install a belt as well, I turned it down as I could do it myself. And
besides, they wanted to charge labor to install the belt, even though they
already had the alternator off? The alternator they installed was bad and
squeeled. They said it was due to the old belt. Even after I installed a
new belt, it continued to squeel, and I could feel the tight bearing in the
alternator.
My complaint was, they would not give me an appointment to fix it!!
They would only say I had to drop it off. A 40 minute drive one way for me,
but they could not do it while I waited. It didn't matter to me when, it
was just so inconvenient to drive 2 vehicles 40 minutes one way twice to
drop and pick up car. Really, how long does it take to change an
alternator? Called Subaru america to complain to no avail, contacted the
BBB numerous times............their findings, "It was my fault, the new
alternator went bad by not paying them to install a new belt when the
dealer recommended it".
I appealed twice to no avail, I ended up having it done while I waited at
yet another dealer even farther away...............while I waited. took 20
minutes, under warranty.

Gary Swiatowy