<VV> Re: Are recalls just a sales gimmick ?

Charles Lee at Proper Pro Per chaz at ProperProPer.com
Thu Aug 31 12:15:12 EDT 2006

Apparently "recalls" are yet another way to get cars into dealerships,
ostensibly to do something "for free," but it's another opportunity to sell
you something else that you MUST buy to qualify for the recall !  Just a
sales gimmick ?

I would what the stats are on how many customers buy more as long as they
are already there, or are forced to buy more than the recall actually
involves ?

I had a Midas guarantee where "you will never pay for another muffler as
long as you own your car !"

What they don't say, and what I found out, was that the guarantee does NOT
cover brackets and pipes, which MUST be replaced or they will not honor the
warranty !

It was actually cheaper to buy a whole new setup from another shop that to
get my "free" muffler from Midas !