<VV> No Corvair, but car related - There is no "C" in "BBB"

Charles Lee at Proper Pro Per chaz at ProperProPer.com
Thu Aug 31 12:49:26 EDT 2006

Bottom line is that you should be extra careful of any business, and
understand the agenda of the entity from whom you are seeking advice about
any business.

It's reasonable that the BBB would disparage businesses that are not "dues
paying" members, for obvious reasons.

Businesses who are not members may not be as a result of "prior bad acts,"
but it may be that they realize that the BBB is biased, which bias may be
ameliorated by the intervention of an arbitrator or mediator, but you have
to reach the point that the BBB is forced to spend that money on such
intervention.

Is there another unbiased "clearinghouse" of complaints against a business,
such as the local courthouse (with jurisdiction of the business) or law
library, where a customer can see the records of small claims or civil (or
even criminal) cases against the business, where they won't be hidden from
view on the discretion of a biased entity ?