Fwd: <VV> Oil change-no vair/European change intervals

Thomas Stingl tsc01 at corvair.de
Thu Aug 31 15:58:21 EDT 2006

> The Europeans may go 10k kilometers between changes

Well, I hesitated to comment because I never changed engine oil
after manual recommendations, sometimes earlier, but often later
when the engine is cared for, i.e. always warmed up nicely and car
used only for long distance. Never been interested in owning a new
car anyway, since a few years I own a '93 Nissan 100NX which
needs only gas, and even that in very low quantity ...

All depends of the car. But I vaguely remember intervals in the early
seventies as low as 3000 km, but this has changed with better oils
available. Nowadays I wouldn't think there is much difference to USA,
our (high end) cars get more and more like yours, too, e.g. most often
automatic tranny and A/C.

> DIN change that requires Europeans to measure distances in miles.

You bet. Which mile definition should we use anyway? Much easier
with km ... and only one different Japanese metrics (smaller :-))

  Thomas

--
Thomas Stingl  Karlsruhe, Germany http://corvair.de Skype: dl5sbs
CORSA - Swiss Corvair Club      1961 Rampside       ULTRA EuroRep