<VV> radio identification

airvair airvair at richnet.net
Mon Dec 4 23:27:04 EST 2006

While I DO have all the radio manuals for Corvairs, and could look up
the exact part number, I'll do a quick ID for you.

If the radio has rectangular "square" pushbuttons, it's a '65-6 radio.
If it has rounded buttons with a set of grooves "waterfalling" over the
face, BUT a flush lower lip, then it's a '67 radio. If it has the same
kind of buttons as a '67 BUT HAS a "drip" hanging under the lower lip,
then it's a '68-9 radio.

The above info only applies to GM factory Delco radios, of course.

-Mark