<VV> Re: Shift knob history

Russ Moorhouse corvair65 at verizon.net
Tue Dec 5 20:18:09 EST 2006

I recall the shift knob on my 65 Impala Convertible with the 396 and 4spd,
was white.  I recall it feeling a bit bigger than the Corvairs.  The shifter
had a reverse lock out, where you had to pull up on it to get into reverse.
It was just below the shift knob, to where you could keep you palm on the
knob and reach down with 2 finger and pull the lock out up.  Dang cable
broke, just as it finished getting inspected and had to be pushed out of the
bay.

Russ Moorhouse
'65 Corsa coupe 140 HP
Group Corvair Member