<VV> Source for "G" clips?

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Sun Dec 10 02:52:53 EST 2006

Hi,

Thanks to everyone for the help on Packard electrical connectors. I have
learned a lot! I will be posting some info about the crimper I bought soon,
after I've had a chance to use it enough to have confidence in my opinions.

Now on to the next parts sourcing question: Do you know of any supplier that
handles different sizes of "G" clip? This clip looks roughly like a hitch
pin that has been twisted into a pretzel. One particular size is used quite
a bit on Corvairs, as in:

* '60-4 clutch linkage, in the rear, for adjusting the swivel
* '61-5 FC clutch linkage, where the adjustment is made in the rear
* '66-9 accelerator linkage in the rear, on the pivot arm

There is another, smaller, size used in '69 only on the clutch linkage in
the front. You may know that the clutch cable changed in '69 to have a Heim
joint on the forward end. It was secured to the clutch pedal cross-shaft arm
by a 1/4" diameter clevis pin and one of these clips. The C992 clip doesn't
work with this small of a pin diameter; it's too loose.

Back in the day, this smaller "G" clip was Group 0.855, Part 3929059.

I have been able to find a source of the correct length and size clevis pins
(thanks to Mike Squires) but no dice on this size "G" clip. Any pointers?
Several sources I've checked have the larger size but not this smaller size.

Thanks,

--Kent

P.S. Clark's is interested in carrying both parts if we can find sources. I
have given them sourcing info on the clevis pins already.

P.P.S. If you have a used original or NOS 3929059 "G" clip that you want to
part with, let me know. :-)