<VV> Corvair truck and camper ???

Roger Atkinson ilikeoldcars at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 11 11:58:24 EST 2006

His place isn't a museum per se but certainly could be.  Bob seemed like a nice enough guy but he was also fairly private.  He told me that most folks had no idea about his collection so I got the impression that he was pretty selective as to who got to see it.  I met him through a mutual friend so he pretty much let me roam freely around his place and let me sit in several of the cars including the Tucker.

One thing I found odd - at least to me - was that he didn't live near his collection.  His place where his cars are is a nice farm - for the lack of a better term - with a huge house and several climate controlled buildings that stored his collection.  He lives about 100 miles away in a modest home .    I thought at first this might have been his parent's home but he said his dad lived just a few miles from him so not sure why he has a home 100 miles away. He didn't offer and I didn't ask.

Roger