<VV> Corvair engine - update

corvairs lonwall at corvairunderground.com
Thu Dec 14 13:28:50 EST 2006

Hi Roger - The belt being too tight might have simply been all there was
to it.  Many people don't realize that everything else can be perfect
but if the belt is too tight you will lose it. It's not the width of the
belt or anything else, multiple widths of fan belts work on Corvairs
providing the effective length is correct. A little too tight verses way
too loose will usually lose you a fan belt!

As you enjoy your Corvair you will discover that there are a number of
issues that are governed by varous superstitions that people hold. This
is a very unfair situation to foist on a new owner but what can we do?
It's the internet after all.  Lon Wall

www.corvairunderground.com