<VV> Shocks

PL Booth plbooth at platwls.com
Mon Dec 18 18:11:56 EST 2006

I saw a recent post concerning shocks and here include my experience finding shocks fo rmy 65 corsa.

The stock delco corsa shock uses a tube mount at the bottom on both front and rear. I was able thru checking overall lengths, movement, and mounting methods to find monroe shocks that would bolt on, have nitrogen filling, be of correct length, a larger diameter, and be avbl at any auto parts store. knew fm past experience that monroe didn't really quit making shocks that would fit vairs, just quit listing them in their catalogs and the shocks mounts had been changed to fit other applications.

Monroe #32132 fits the front. (must use the old rubber bumpers from within the towers on the tops) and I used parts of the old shock lower mounting tubes by cutting off about 2 3/8 inch lengths to use as spacers on both sides of the new shock bottom so as to center it and keep correct distance from sides of lower a arm. this shock is listed as for the 68/69 Nova front.

Monroe #3280umm works for the rear with mods as follows. cut off one end of the flat close to the shock base and push it out on a press with the original tubes from the old shocks, centering it. The monroe shock has a dust cover (where originals had none) that bells out at bottom and I suspect some users will want to trim it or flatten the bell slightly next to the spring mount on lower arm. this shock is listed as for 70-91 ford truck.

My cost totaled less than $50.00 for all 4 shocks. I'll let everyone know if I shold have any problems with them.

PLB