<VV> Re: Turbos

Padgett pp2 at 6007.us
Thu Dec 21 08:25:51 EST 2006

>    Many (if not most) of the car mfrs. are beginning  to realize that
>turbocharging their engines can let their customers "have their  cake and
>eat it
>too" with a small engine getting good mileage that can also  produce major
>power
>when needed.

Sorry but am still of the opinion that supercharging has a place: 20,000
feet.. Yes, it lets a small engine have HP and good MPG but at a 10% extra
cost for premium over regular.

I put up with 12 mpg of ethyl (which isn't any more) from my toy because it
is driven less than 1,000 miles a year. But all of our street cars run on
87 PON..

For a brief period I thought about a Solstice, then I bought the 66 'vert
which fills parade duty nicely, now my next target is a Class A that gets
20 mpg.

Padgett