<VV> Kevlar Clutch for New Driver / other maintainence???

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 26 17:34:16 EST 2006

 I know I tend to over kill when the drive train must come out but these are some of the things I try to examine/repair while they are easily accessible.

   check starter brushes / lubrication etc.
   check universals for lube.
   check heater hoses for deterioration, ditch the top one now if you want to.
   chase that evil rust worm.
   clean transaxle and check lube levels.
   lube the idle pulley and blower bearing.
   pull rear brake drums, check hoses and pipes.
  Like others have advised, replace the front /rear seal if they shows leakage and also the top cover and oil pan gaskets. This is when I usually try to kill any rust and repaint the tin.

   If this car is new to you and you have no evidence of prior up keep, now is the time to do preventative maintenance. Dirt and rust are the cars enemy especially rust.

   Keep asking questions as the job progresses. Can we assume you are also changing the throw out bearing and the seal inside? How come a Kevlar disk?

J R Read_HML <hmlinc at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
  If the heater box needs any sort of attention - this is the time to service
it.

Later, JR