<VV> Milling Piston Faces

Roger Gault r.gault at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 28 15:07:11 EST 2006

Take a chance, don't mill them.  If it pings, all you have to do is take it
all apart again.  ;-)
Or, buy a Safeguard.

Seriously, I didn't mill mine, so I'm running about 10.5:1 on 93 octane.
Very seldom pings unless I lug it below 1500 RPM or so.  If Matt N. would
come over here and modify my advance curve, like he preaches about, it would
never ping.  ;-)

I run without lower shrouds when it gets above 95 or so here in Austin, so I
am cheating a little.

Roger G.