<VV> Re: VirtualVairs Digest, Vol 13, Issue 7

Gary Swiatowy garyswiatowy at summitlubricants.com
Thu Feb 2 07:20:12 EST 2006

> From: "J R Read_HML" <hmlinc at sbcglobal.net>
> Subject: <VV> Wankel & parts
>
> There's a "cute" Johnny Cash song about working at a GM (Caddy) plant and
> taking home parts in a lunch bucket to build a car.  I sometimes wonder if
> lot of "NOS" parts might come from just that type of source.
>
> Attachments (if any) are scanned with anti-virus software.
>
> Later, JR

Awhile back, I happened to stop at a Yard Sale while driving my Vair. The
guy running the Yard sale said he had something I might be interested in.
Seems he had worked several years earlier at the Tonawanda Motor plant and
had a cache of Corvair parts. For a very nice price I picked up his entire
supply which included a couple silver on black oil filters, NOS lifters,
rings, seals, bearings, and plenty more including "original" asbestos
exhaust donuts. Pretty much all motor items that would fit "out the door"
inside a lunch pail.

Anyone doing a concours restoration and really wants total originality
interested in a coffee can full of NOS GM push rod tube seals? I could make
you such a deal................

Gary Swiatowy