<VV> Jacking Points

BBRT chsadek at adelphia.net
Mon Feb 27 10:17:19 EST 2006

Look underneath and you will see there are frame rail-appearing pieces
behind the front wheels from the wheel well rearward, inboard of the rocker
panels. These, along with the cross member can be used for jacking points
and jack stand points.  In the rear, just forward of the rear wheel well is
a triangular area which is the std. place to put a jack or jack stand. You
can use a floor jack with a 2 x 4 on the pad or better yet, a 2x3 and place
it just rearward of the rear edge of the cpe door opening, against the body
seam that sticks down and you can jack the entire side of the car up to
place the jacks stands in the places mentioned. You can jack up a front side
by using the lower control arm in the front and the rear quarter can be
raised by jacking under the outer rearward end of the trailing arm-where the
axle, spring and shock come together.

Some folks think jacking on the engine/drivetrain itself leads to failure of
the motor mounts, so be advised.

Good Luck

Chuck S