<VV> Car sales - (itty-bitty Corvair)

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Jan 2 13:42:00 EST 2006

If you are ever going to buy a new car, you really do need to  read this
series that BIll mentions:
_http://www.edmunds.com/advice/buying/articles/42962/article.html_
(http://www.edmunds.com/advice/buying/articles/42962/article.html)

On a further note, being a salesman is a tough job, whether  you are good or
bad at it. In my regular job, I don't have to "sell" regularly,  but I have to
convince management at the Corp I work for that it is in their  best interest
to invest in certain Networking equipment. That is a form of  selling. I also
run Silicone Wire Systems, a small manufacturing company. I sell  my products
direct at Corsa Conventions. I have no problem selling my Corvair  wires, and
even my Network projects at work, because I believe in the products.  If I
didn't believe that it is in the buyers best interests, I would have a  tough
time selling the product. I love cars. I have always loved cars. I have a  very
tough time buying cars because I know all the little goofy things about  each
model. I draw this parallel. If I were selling Chevrolets, and a guy comes  in
with his family, wife and three small kids, wanting to buy a Camaro (this is
an old story), I would steer him to a Malibu, just right for a smaller
family.  He says, No I want the Camaro. If you are a salesman, you sell him the
Camaro.  And watch him drop three kids in the back and drive off. The customer
always  being right, etc. - I cannot do that, so I hope I don't have to at some
point. (Never say never!) I sympathize with the salesman's position. Sell  or
be gone.  - Seth Emerson