<VV> Tires Update

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Tue Jan 3 18:53:09 EST 2006

In a message dated 1/3/2006 3:17:07 PM Pacific Standard Time,
bowtieguy at cox.net writes:

Consumer  Reports rates the Cooper Trendsetter SE higher than the Kumho AS
795 and last  but not least the Toyo 800 Ultra. I checked their records from the
last three  years for this data. These would all be 175/80/13 whitewalls.

Since a  175/80/13 is nearly identical in size(rolling diamter)to the 6.50-13
and the  195/70/13 did Corvairs, early or late, ever have raised whiter
letter tires or  redlines instead of the whitewalls? The only 195/70/13's I am
finding all have  rwl? How would these tires fit the early and late wheel wells?

Bob  Vukas

Bob - The 175-80-13 looks good in the early Wheelwell. I think they look  too
small in the later car wheelwell. They are definitely smaller than the
standard tire (how much depends on whether you are talking to Bruce) the  185-80-13
might still be smaller than stock, but closer. The 195-70-13 looks  okay, but
is shorter (and wider) than stock. There is really no 13" tire  currently
available that fills the wheelwells of a late model. No Corvairs had  redline
tires or Raised White Letters. Just Blackwalls and Whitewalls. Any  currently
available 13" street tire will fit in any Corvair wheelwell, at least  with stock
wheels.  It's the 15's and 16's you need to worry about! -  Seth