<VV> GETTING A 65 MONZA GOING

Brandes, Guy GBrandes at loebermotors.com
Thu Jan 26 17:25:33 EST 2006

I've got a 65 Monza 4 door sedan in the body shop for a total repaint.
The whole interior is coming out when I get it back home.  I have
everything but the headliner which doesn't seem to exist in the right
color for a saddle interior.  Larry Claypool is on the hunt for this for
me.  I hope to have everything up and running when the salt is off the
roads.  The car is from Oklahoma.  The lady who owned bought it new and
died two years ago so I bought it from her son in law.  It had a few
dents and dings but the only rust was on the two rear quarters behind
the rear wheels other wise aside from sun faded paint the body needed
very little prep work after bead blasting.  I drove it home when they
dropped it off from Oklahoma and it ran OK.  I have rebuilt the carbs
and Larry tweaked them to start and run better.  It has a 140 engine
with a four speed and it will be painted a Mercedes Benz color called
Designo Bronze which will go with the saddle interior. That's where my
"Brown Stallion" is at now.  Last 65 Monza I had was 30 years ago so I'm
kind of "renew" to Corvairs.

Guy Brandes

Palatine,  Il