<VV> Re: Another slam on Corvair.

Eric Elliott corsa at mac.com
Thu Jan 26 17:37:11 EST 2006

Interesting, just reading your account of the comment (I didn't hear
the actual comment so I can't say for sure) I don't see that as a
slam on the Corvair, rather I see it as a POSITIVE comment about the
Corvair, because he was actually recognizing the Corvair as being a
pioneer of the unibody. He was just stating a fact, that despite the
demise of the Corvair, some of the Corvair's engineering ideas (i.e.
the unibody) are still around.

The same could have been said if they were looking at a 1976 Porsche
930 turbo and said "of course, the Corvair was one of the pioneers of
mass-produced turbocharged cars. The turbocharger lasted, the Corvair
didn't."

Again, I would see that as a POSITIVE mention of the Corvair. :)

<shrug>

Eric Elliott
'65 Corsa 180/4 convertible
'82 BMW 528e