<VV> RE: Barrett-Jackson

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 27 17:14:15 EST 2006

I have a hard time believing any of this is real. People with money don't go around throwing money away foolishly. Sure, they can indulge themselves to spend over and above the accepted valve of tangeble items if they REALLY want them, but this nonsense of paying millions for an automobile that was made in 50's or 60's, boggles the mind. Maybe they'll get their jollys, and put it in next years BJ auction and make MORE money.
I watched a fair amount of this auction on SPEED, mainly for entertainment, but wanted to see the GM motor transport for the GM Motorama World of Wheels shows from the '50's; to see what it would bring. It went for $4.1 MILLION dollars. The buyers/sellers premium alone was around 3/4 million dollars!

Like I said, entertainment.

Harry Yarnell
Perryman Garage and Orphanage
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net