<VV> Keeping Rust Free Cars that way

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 31 15:17:47 EST 2006

I have a brick garage with concrete floor (cracks in it) - build in the mid
1920s in IL.  My issue is always in the spring - sometimes other times of
the year - when the floor is cold and the humidity is high.  The floor
condenses the moisture out of the air.  Putting down a layer of plastic does
not help either.  The moisture just condenses on the plastic.  I suppose
heat would help, but that is another issue.  I'm running a 250w halogen bulb
24/7 just to (hopefully) help dry the air.  I think I'm kidding myself on
that one.  BUT, I'm certainly willing to listen to suggestions.  Of course
it does not help that my wife's driver gets parked in the other stall and
brings in moisture as well.

I've got a CA car parked out there - spent all but 2 yrs of life in
Sacramento and the last 2 near LA (black plate car).  It IS rust free and I
want to keep it that way.  Brought it home (IL) in April - May of 05.

Later, JR