<VV> RE: Rust Free Cars

Bill Elliott corvair at fnader.com
Tue Jan 31 15:18:58 EST 2006

It's really strange. My grandmother's Dodge Dart NEVER spent a day
inside until I got it. It lived outside in the yard (on grass) of her NC
mountain farmhouse for 35 years. When I got it there was a tiny hole in
the driver's floorboard and another in the trunk. Everything else was
solid. It has rusted more since I've owned it (now living in a
ventilated unheated garage on a concrete floor) than it did sitting in
the yard.

On the big picture subject, though, I've seen the bodyshop bill for a
rusty Corvair run into 5 figures... when a mostly rust-free body is only
a $1500 shipment away...

Bill