<VV> Taillamp socket

aircooled6 at prodigy.net aircooled6 at prodigy.net
Sat Jul 1 12:49:18 EDT 2006

Doug,

Look at the one you have closely.  Keep image in head.  Go to nearest
auto parts store.  They will have a whole area of electrical
sockets.  There are only 2 or 3 versions of those metal ones.  I
think they say ford on one and Chrysler/dodge, etc on another and
universal on the third type. The labels dont specify a year/model,
just a manufacturer, so you have to look at them.  Only one has the
tab, but i dont recall which one.  They are fairly cheap.

They snap right in on the lates,  I suspect some minor modification
will be necessary to make it work on the early lamp.  Shouldnt be too
difficult unless the lamp is turning to dust.

I have done this same thing on several late models and I just have to
go look at the socket selection every time because it tends to be
years between need.

Everett Wilson
North Richland Hills TX