<VV> yup, It's bad

Ian Harding harding.ian at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 14:01:11 EDT 2006

> Is the head salvageable? It looks like the area around the seat is missing
> material where the seat has beat on it. Will the valve need to be replaced?
> What else?

I have seen much worse heads repaired.  When mine fell out it smashed
into a million pieces and beat dents into the head, including
embedding bits of itself into those dents.  The solution involved
smoothing out the dents, building up the valve seat area, machining it
out, and installing a new seat.  Not too expensive, really.

I can't speak to the valve or valve guide, but they are suspect, no doubt.