<VV> 67 110/pg w/AC Timing

Big D Agazio darrenvvagazio at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 8 19:16:43 EDT 2006

I cleaned my timing marks better, however I only found the 0 to 16 marks. I looked at the block numbers which are partially covered by the sheet metal. I did make out a W in the code where I should have an RK (I think) followed by 6 numbers. Are the last six numbers supposed to match my vin 6. They don't on this car. I'm not sure what engine this is? Probly very common. In front of the W looks like two characters First:1 or Y or T (?)only half visible and 2nd: 6 or 8 (bottom half) then the W. It can't be a WA WB or RW. I don't know what I have, but I will set my timing to 14BTDC.

 I just checked and the dwell was low ~22, I got it up to 30 with a .016 gauge. Although I thought the points looked new, I found they might need replacing. The timing was 8 degrees.

 In the process of this, I also found, the V.A. leaking. While it was running I disconnected the vacuum line, the timing AND RPM didn't change however, when I plugged the vacuum with my finger the RPM dropped rather significantly.  Leaving the line open or plugged in resulted in the same RPM.

 Therefore I will fix the points and dwell and set the timing to 14 degrees. Plug my VA line and ignore it for now. I will also rebuild my other carb tonight.

 By the way, my fuel pump started leaking at the rim. Can I just replace the gaskets? Like I said, this is a parts car for now and I'm just tweaking it.

 Darren