<VV> RE: diff

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Jul 9 19:41:16 EDT 2006

In a message dated 7/9/2006 3:24:52 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jcorey at escapees.com writes:

Carrier  is unchanged. Did change ring gear/pinion gear assembly.  Seems  like
other posts are correct  --  I used a late model assembly by  mistake.
Thanks for the input.

Jim  Corey

The late ring gears have 9 bolts - the earlies have 6. The carrier is the
part of the assembly that the ring gear mounts on. If you changed the assembly,
you changed the carrier. If you moved the ring gear over to the old carrier,
it  cannot be a late carrier, so it shouldn't be the problem. Have I missed
something in your description, Jim?