<VV> Clay Corvair?

LonzoVair at aol.com LonzoVair at aol.com
Mon Jul 10 08:16:51 EDT 2006

In a message dated 7/10/2006 1:04:27 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
AeroNed at aol.com writes:

It still  has 2 of the  original tires
on it, they say 1965 corvair  claymobile.  I think that it as  given to
cassius clay in 1965  by GM.

Travis, Ned and gang,
I'm no expert, but Cassius Clay, Jr., changed his name to Muhammad  Ali right
after the Sonny Liston fight, Feb 25, 1964... and knowing his  attitude at
the time he would have not accepted ANY gift that retained his  "slave name" of
Cassius Clay... he was a very prideful man back then....
That's just my take on it... Ali was involved with the Black Muslims in mid
1963, but withheld the info until after he beat Liston, just so he could gain
some respect, and so it wouldn't look like a publicity stunt.
I hope this helps...
Later,
Lonzo... somewhat of a historian of all things Louisville - where I was  born

Lon Anderson  in White Mills, KY
CORSA, Corvanatics, Derby City Corvair, Central Ky  Corvair
Quart Low Quarterly Editor
1961 Greenbrier 110/pg
1963  Greenbrier 110/4spd
1964 700 sedan 95/pg