<VV> Re: A New E-Bay Low Crate Engine

Ken Maxwell kobramax at insightbb.com
Thu Jul 13 06:14:02 EDT 2006

Hi Guys!

Thanks to the numerous members who bombarded this strange fellow with e-mails asking for the serial number, he has finally posted it (although he complains bitterly about how tough it was it do this)! The number is T0114RX. I think this means it was built at the Tonawanda plant on November 4th (probably 1965, could be 1966) and I think the "X" means it was a "crate" engine for aftermarket sale, rather than one installed in a car. This really is a rare find! It looks new with the original black oil filter. It is obviously a California engine with the smog pipes and manifolds. Does anyone know if the internal parts are the same as a regular '66 140 engine? I would love to bid on it, but I won't because of this sellers strange responses, I just don't understand or trust the guy.

Thanks again for everyone's efforts in making the seller "come clean".

Ken Maxwell
Louisville, KY
69 Convertible