<VV> Re: A New E-Bay Low Crate Engine

Bruce Schug bwschug at charter.net
Fri Jul 14 13:46:12 EDT 2006

On Jul 13, 2006, at 6:14 AM, Ken Maxwell wrote:

> Hi Guys!
>
> Thanks to the numerous members who bombarded this strange fellow with
> e-mails asking for the serial number, he has finally posted it
> (although he complains bitterly about how tough it was it do this)!
> The number is T0114RX. I think this means it was built at the
> Tonawanda plant on November 4th (probably 1965, could be 1966) and I
> think the "X" means it was a "crate" engine for aftermarket sale,
> rather than one installed in a car. This really is a rare find! It
> looks new with the original black oil filter. It is obviously a
> California engine with the smog pipes and manifolds. Does anyone know
> if the internal parts are the same as a regular '66 140 engine? I
> would love to bid on it, but I won't because of this sellers strange
>
> Thanks again for everyone's efforts in making the seller "come clean".

I've been watching this thread with interest, as I do a little business
on ebay myself. While I agree that this guy may be a bit of a
butt-head, there's one thing you can't argue with and that's his
Feedback score which is 99.5% - pretty good in anybody's book. This
means the people he's dealt with have been satisfied with the
transaction. It does not mean there haven't been other instances of his
being screwy, unreasonable or whatever.

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
CORSA South Carolina