<VV> Very Rare Find / be careful

Louis C. Armer,Jr. carmerjr at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 15 01:48:58 EDT 2006

Hello Mark, Now you did change the oil and spark plugs before you
started the car? If not, before
you go any further change the oil and oil filter, install new spark
plugs and points, disconnect the
coil wire and crank the engine for several minutes to coat all the
moving parts with fresh new oil and
THEN install the coil wire , prime the carbs with an outside gasoline
source of fresh gas and start her
up.

Chuck Armer
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
  At 09:53 PM 7/14/2006, you wrote:
>Well, I hit the jackpot, I just purchased a 62 Corvair Lakewood
>Monza Wagon. It is an untampered original that came from California
>18 years ago. I live in MA and never expected to get one as nice as
>this one. It has been in a heated garage for almost 18 years. I went
>over it and other than a couple of small surface rust, it is all
>original in white with a red interior. It hasn't been started in 18
>years and with a new battery and a little gas it fired right up. It
>is a 4 speed, from what I know there were only a little over 2200
>Monza Lakewoods made and they only made them in 62. Well I could go
>on but just wanted to share my good find. Take care.

CORSA Member
CORSA Tri-membership Chairman
Corvair Atlanta Member
Corvair Atlanta BOD