<VV> Why I can't make the convention

grant young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 17 20:03:07 EDT 2006

Many of you have asked if I will be attending the convention, so I thought I would just reconfirm that I will not be able to. I could do a top 10 reasons, but the top five are:
1. The motor home I was going to borrow was repossessed a couple of weeks ago.
2. With the price of gas at $3 and a 2500 mile trip pulling a trailer at 10 mpg I would spend at least $750 on gas (would have been around $1000 in the motor home)
3. School starts here on the 2nd, so it would be a mad dash to get back, unrested.
4. It is a loooooong drive and I'm not sure the Explorer with 185K would make it pulling a trailer.
5. The bad leg still swells considerably if not elevated every few hours.
So, I have placed a full page color ad in the show brochure which is worth up to
$100 in savings for those who have the patience to wait until they get home to spend all their money:-)
The Carbmeister
Wishing all those attending (and everyone who is not) the best of times...