<VV> Late coupe driver's window regulator

norman.witte at comcast.net norman.witte at comcast.net
Wed Jul 19 23:16:54 EDT 2006

I'm hoping some good Samaratan will help me out here.  My '65 coupe's driver's window has not been working correctly.  Tonight I took the regulator out and found that the regulator mechanism is binding.  I have attempted to clean it using everything imaginable.  I cleaned all the teeth in the large gear side, and cleaned the inside of the crank mechanism with brake cleaner.  I lubed the whole thing, but it still binds.  I want to take this car to Buffalo, but I obviously need to get this door back together first, and that will take (unfortunately) a new regulator.

If someone on the list has such a part and is willing to ship it overnight to me I would greatly appreciate it.  I am in meetings much of the day tomorrow but will also be on the road.  If you can help me out, please call my cell phone at (517) 881-6075.  I will happily pay for the part and shipping.

Thanks.

Norm Witte