<VV> YH float adjustment or jet change?

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri Jul 21 16:34:02 EDT 2006

Matt Nall writes
The level is a "balancing act"    JETS work by  siphoning....  BUT!!!
The YH is notorious for flooding /  float too  high......so go to the NEXT
size jet.
You will only know after you drive  it if it's fine!

I am thankful that I have finally escaped the curse of the YH! But I have a
lot of friends who still play with them endlessly. The YH design, like most
Carter carbs, uses a movable rod (sort of a multi-tapered solid  needle) that
sticks into a jet for fuel flow metering. It is the relationship of  the two
items, their size, shape and position - at any given moment - that  determines
the fuel flow - therefore the fuel/air mixture being fed into  the motor. Many
folks find a sweet spot with the correct jet/rod and position to  make the
Carb work. Many folks don't. There are custom metering rods available,  built by
people who know the YH pretty well. One of the suppliers is Blackhawk
Engineering - Chuck Riblett is the owner. You might check with him to se if you  have
a path to nirvana. The web address is _www.blackhawkengr.com_
(http://www.blackhawkengr.com)   It has some  good info on it. Good Luck  - Seth Emerson